This blend is a powerful elixir of beneficial extracts. This crisp & cleansing drink encompasses cancer prevention, digestive regulation, a dose of vitamin C and vitamin A, antioxidants & all of nature’s immune-enhancing vitamins and mineral complexes in plant form. Without further ado…
Here’s what you will need :
– 3 inch piece of ginger root
– 1/2 bunch of parsley (about 1/2 cup chopped)
– The juice of 3 lemons
– 10 large mint leaves
– 1 Pinch Himalayan Pink Salt
– Heat 4 quarts of filtered water in a pot. Bring water to near boiling. In the meantime; Take mint off of the stem, juice your lemons, then wash, peel & grate your ginger root. Add Mint leaves and Ginger to the hot water and reduce to medium heat. Set aside after the mixture has steeped for 8 minutes. Allow time to cool. Strain.
– Line up two, 1/2 gallon mason jars and add a few extra fresh mint leaves to each. Add a small bunch of parsley, roughly 1/3 cup, still on it’s the stem. Add half of the lemon juice to both jars. Pour cooled and strained ginger mint tea over top.
– Be mindful of the parsley stem when pouring– you’ll want to keep that in the jar. (You may need to replace the fresh parsley depending on how long you keep it in the fridge, I add new bunch each week)
– Store in your fridge for up to 2 weeks and savor each morning when you wake up, after a spring-air yoga sesh, or for hydration before a long day of sun-basking. This drink is an energizing elixir that provides a daily dose of immune support & detoxifying elements. Embrace spring and enjoy!