Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 tsp. Shea Butter Oil
- 1/2 cup Raw Shea Butter
- 1/2 Organic Jajoba Oil
- 1/2 cup Raw Coco Butter
- 1 tbsp. Raw Beeswax
- 5 drops of Pure Geranium Oil
Shea oil has been found to reduce skin inflammation and aid in the skin’s natural collagen production. Shea Butter maintains your hydration above and below the surface. Geranium Oil smells like a slice of heaven, but more importantly it can be used as a natural bug repellant, and can heal insect bites and stop the itching they may cause. It can also uplift your mood, lessen fatigue and promote emotional wellness. In this recipe, it’s role is to promote cell growth; Geranium Oil recycles dead cells and supports the regeneration of new cells- in short, it gives you the ultimate “healthy glow.” Jojoba is packed with vitamin E, which is effective in getting rid of free radicals that are responsible for aging of skin- especially after sun exposure. It’s balance of antioxidants give skin a natural, radiant sheen. Whether you’re basking in sunshine, saltwater, or chlorine- your skin is being stripped of a few vital components. A simple way to cover your bases is by applying a nightly layer of this nourishing body butter.
- In a double boiler or glass bowl, combine all ingredients except essential oils.
- Bring to medium heat and stir constantly until all ingredients are melted, then remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Move to fridge and let cool another 1 hour or until starting to harden but still somewhat soft.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10 minutes until fluffy.
- Return to fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.
- Store in glass, in a dark space that stays below 75 degrees to maintain the whipped texture.
This skin mask works best after exfoliating and showering. Apply a heavy layer before bed, especially on days when you’ve been in the sun.