Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- lemon pudding mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white sugar
Here’s how to make it:
- With the flame off, Prepare water, and egg yolks in a saucepan,Whisk well. Add 1 package of lemon pudding mix, 3 tablespoons white sugar. Stir while cooking over medium heat until thick.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add cream cheese to lemon mixture, and stir until incorporated. Allow mixture ample time to cool.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; add remaining 1/4 cup sugar. Fold sweetened egg whites into lemon mixture.
- Spoon filling into shell and chill.
- Top with homemade whipped cream, fresh mint, and lemon twists.